Genmaicha Matcha-iri is a curated blend of Sencha, roasted puffed brown rice, and Matcha. The Matcha powder lightly coats the tea and has the rich flavour of roasted grains with the freshness of Matcha and Sencha.
Most Genmaicha in the market is made from a mix of puffed rice and low-grade Sencha, low-grade Nibancha (tea from the second harvest of the year) or Sanbancha (tea from the third harvest of the year). Our Genmaicha Matcha-iri is made from only Ichibancha (tea from the first harvest of the year) and is recommended for everyday tea.
Zen Monks experienced that drinking Matcha enabled them to be more focused and maintain a level of sustained energy. The Shogun realised the remarkable benefits of extra energy and mental concentration and made it their Ceremonial drink before going into war. Matcha was extremely precious and was only produced in tiny quantities so that only the Shogun and nobility were able to drink.
With lots of unparalleled health benefits coupled with the ability to torch fats and increase metabolism rate. It is an excellent choice to have Matcha before exercise as it is able to burn fats 4 times faster than normal and it doesn’t cause digestive issues and is easy in the intestine and oesophagus, no wonder Matcha is widely loved in the world as the best health drink.
Uji produces one of the most expensive tea in Japan and had not been once detected with any radiation residue since the Fukushima earthquake, hence Tea Cottage SG had selected this premium Uji blend for everyone to enjoy.
- Rich in polyphenols, such as catechins and gallic acid, as well as other antioxidants like carotenoids and ascorbic acid
- Improve memory and concentration
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Rich in fibre, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides Vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Boost energy and endurance
- Strengthen Immune system
- Prevents diseases
Rich mellow notes accompanied with fragrant roasted rice taste.
Green leaves with green powdered rice.
Normal way - Pour 80°C water into a 300-350ml cup and infuse with a tea bag for 1-2 minutes.
Kyusu (Teapot) Method - Place (7-8g) 1.5 tablespoons of tea into the Kyusu, pour 80°C water and steep for 1 minute then serve. It can be brewed 3 times with full flavour
Keep refrigerated for best taste.
- People with difficulties in sleeping after caffeine consumption may consider drinking Matcha before 5 pm.
- People with a sensitive stomach may consider drinking tea after meals.